Bath time for toys
For ages 1 – 5 years
Children know bath time – but they are usually the ones being washed! This activity lets your child use their imagination as they pretend to be the grown-up. And playing with water is so much fun!
What do I need?
- Bucket or bowl of warm, soapy water
- Sponge, face washer and scrubbing brush
- Plastic toys – dolls, animals, blocks – or anything at all
- Towel or tea towel
How do I do it?
- Set up a container of warm, soapy water and help your child get ready to wash the toys.
- Ask them to choose who is going first.
- They can use sponges, face washers and scrubbing brushes to clean the toys. They may even like to sing to them as they wash them.
- Once the toys are clean, get your child to carefully dry them with the towel or tea towel.
Remember: always supervise your child near water.
No-one knows your child better than you. So, choose and/or adapt ideas here to best suit you and your child. Remember it’s the talking and time spent together that matters most.