Hide and Seek with Teddy
For ages 18 months – 5 years
Peek-a-boo, where are you? How do we find Teddy hiding in the house? With some clues of course! This game lets your child develop language to describe parts of your house, and it also helps develop their problem-solving skills. Have fun hiding and finding Teddy!
What do I need?
- A teddy bear or another favourite toy
How do I do it?
- Ask your child to close their eyes and start counting while you hide the toy somewhere in the house.
- Sit with your child and give them some clues about where the toy is hiding.
Make the clues suitable to your child’s understanding.
Here are some examples:
- Teddy is hiding under where you sleep.
- Teddy is in the room where we cook, inside a cupboard.
- Teddy is near where you brush your teeth.
- Teddy is hiding where we keep the washing.
- Teddy is hiding where we keep your shoes.
- Now it is your child’s turn to hide the toy and give you the clues to find it.
No-one knows your child better than you. So, choose and/or adapt ideas here to best suit you and your child. Remember it’s the talking and time spent together that matters most.