Teddy bear bus trip
For ages 18 months – 8 years
Take your teddies on the ride of their lives! Everybody loves to go on the bus and pretending can be almost as fun.
Ask your child to gather their teddy family together so they can discover, create, improvise and imagine.
This activity helps kids to develop their talking and language skills.
What do I need?
- Teddies, dolls and other toys
- Dining chairs (4 or more)
How do I do it?
- Find a clear space in the house or outside, and arrange the chairs to make the seats of a bus.
- Your child can place their toys on the seats. (If you have other children, they could be passengers too.)
- Let your child be the bus driver and decide where they will go. Do they want to go to Grandma’s house, the farm, the city, the zoo, or maybe the moon? Let their imagination guide you.
- Be a passenger with the teddies while your child drives. Pretend to see things as you drive along, and talk about them with your fellow passengers.
- Sing The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round as you drive along.
- Now it’s time to swap over and let your child be a passenger. Tell them they are going on a surprise trip. Give them clues as you drive along to see if they can guess!
No-one knows your child better than you. So, choose and/or adapt ideas here to best suit you and your child. Remember it’s the talking and time spent together that matters most.