Access to education and care in the early years of a child’s life leads to positive results that can last a lifetime!
- Is free
- Offers 2 – 3 days of early learning per week for children
- Is available to eligible children in their year before Kindergarten
- Provides support to families to participate in the program
- Is delivered through Tasmanian Early Childhood Education and Care services (sometimes known as childcare centres) in the following locations:
- North West – Burnie, Ulverstone and Devonport
- North – Launceston
- South – Brighton, Southern Midlands (Bagdad), Glenorchy and Kingborough
A list of Working Together providers is available on the DECYP website.
What are the benefits for children?
Working Together is a great way for children to:
- Make friends
- Play and thrive
- Build confidence and independence
- Learn and try new things
- Prepare for school
- Build routines
Can my child take part?
To take part your child must be:
- Three years old by 1st of January in the year they will take part
- In their year before Kindergarten
- Not currently enrolled with an early childhood education and care service (sometimes known as childcare)
and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have parents/primary carers who hold a Health Care Card
- Identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Receive support or interventions from the Child Safety Service
- Have two or more concerns identified through the Parents’ Evaluation of Developmental Status (PEDS)
How do I get involved?
To find out if you are eligible:
- Email email@example.com
- Direct message on Facebook
- Call or text one of the Working Together Engagement Workers in your area:
- Southern Tasmania – 0436 922 146
- Northern Tasmania – 0436 930 963
- North West Tasmania – 0436 922 145